Cod with Garlic Butter
- 1 medium cod fillet cut in 3 or 4 chunks
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/4 cup 125ml low-sodium vegetable broth
- 1/4 stick unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce optional
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 tablespoon minced parsley
- Crushed red chili pepper flakes optional
- Slices of lemon for garnish
- Season codfish with salt and pepper.
- Heat olive oil in a large cast-iron skillet over medium-low heat. Gently cook fish on both sides until golden brown. Remove the cod fillets from the skillet and set aside to a plate.
- In the same skillet over medium heat, add minced garlic then deglaze with vegetable broth (or wine). Bring it to a simmer. Add butter, lemon juice, hot sauce, and parsley. Give a quick stir to combine the lemon garlic butter sauce.
- Pour sauce over the cod. Garnish with more parsley, crushed chili pepper, and lemon slices.
Calories: 197kcalCarbohydrates: 1gProtein: 40gFat: 3gSaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 97mgSodium: 267mgPotassium: 929mgSugar: 1gVitamin A: 206IUVitamin C: 6mgCalcium: 39mgIron: 1mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!