Colorful Winter Salad
A vibrant winter kale salad so full of flavor... it's sure to awaken your taste buds and cure any winter blues.
TO MAKE THE SALAD:
- 6 oz. shredded kale
- 1/2 small lemon juiced
- 1 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 6 oz. shredded vegetables such as Brussels sprouts, Cabbage, Carrots
- 2 medium apples cored and diced
- 1 1/2 c. candied pecans
- 4 oz. crumbled goat cheese
- 1 1/2 c. roasted butternut squash
- 1/2 c. pomegranate arils
TO MAKE THE DRESSING:
- 1/2 c. red wine vinegar
- 4 tsp. whole grain or dijon mustard
- 4 tsp. pure maple syrup
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- 1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1/2 c. extra-virgin olive oil
- Wash and dry all produce.
- Place the shredded kale into an oversized salad bowl. Add the lemon juice and olive oil. Gently mix these ingredients together with your hands to distribute the lemon juice and olive oil into the greens. The greens should wilt slightly and take on a deep green color.
- Add the other shredded vegetables to the bowl.
- Add the chopped apple and pecans.
- Prepare the dressing by combining all of the dressing ingredients in a jar or bottle with a lid. Shake vigorously for 30-45 seconds and then pour it over the salad. Mix well.
- Add the butternut squash, crumbled goat cheese, and pomegranate arils on top.
- Serve and enjoy.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!