Cranberry Nut Stuffed Baked Apples
Apples are in season now and this healthy dessert is easily prepared in your slow cooker. Have fun eating it with your granny, Smith.
- 6 medium tart apples, such as Granny Smith or Pink Lady
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- ½ cup walnuts, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 1 cup water
- Core each apple then slice each apple in half, top to bottom.
- In a small bowl combine the cranberries, walnuts, brown sugar and orange zest.
- Top each apple half with a portion of the mixture.
- Place the apples skin side down into a slow cooker and pour the water around the apples. Place the lid on the slow cooker and cook on low for 4 to 5 hours.
- To prepare this in the oven, preheat to 350°F. Place the apple in a baking dish and bake for 30-45 minutes or until tender.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!