Flourless Chocolate Cake
This yummy cake is vegan as well.
- 2 2.1-ounces unsweetened vegan dark chocolate bars (70% cacao), chopped
- ⅓ cup coconut oil
- 1 15-ounce can unseasoned pumpkin puree
- ¾ cup almond flour
- ¾ cup pure maple syrup
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon instant espresso granules
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon confectioners' sugar
- 1 ¼ cups fresh blueberries
- 1 ¼ cups fresh raspberries
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Line bottom of an 8-inch springform pan with parchment paper; lightly coat bottom and sides of pan with cooking spray. Place the pan on a parchment paper-lined rimmed baking sheet.
- Combine chopped chocolate and coconut oil in a small saucepan. Cook over medium-low heat, stirring constantly, until the chocolate is completely melted. Remove from heat and let cool slightly, about 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, whisk pumpkin, almond flour, maple syrup, cocoa, brown sugar, espresso granules, vanilla and salt together in a medium bowl until well combined.
- Whisk the melted chocolate mixture into the pumpkin mixture until well combined. Pour the batter into the prepared springform pan; smooth the top with a spatula. Bake until a crust has formed on the top and sides, about 50 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool in the pan for 15 minutes. Remove the pan sides and let the cake cool completely, about 1 hour. Cover and refrigerate until firm, 8 hours or overnight.
- To serve, lightly dust the top of the cake with confectioners' sugar and serve with berries. (Use a sharp knife dipped into hot water to slice this dense, chocolaty cake right out of the refrigerator. Carefully wipe the knife with a wet paper towel between slices to get clean, crisp-looking slices.)
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!