Learn how to julienne fresh basil leaves for this dish by watching this video.
Grilled Zucchini Caprese Boats
- 3 medium zucchini, cut lengthwise
- 5 small tomatoes, sliced 1/2 – inch thick
- 8 oz. pre-sliced fresh mozzarella cheese
- 1/8 tsp garlic powder
- fresh basil leaves, julienned
- olive oil
- fresh cracked black pepper
- Brush the zucchini halves with olive oil. Season lightly with salt and fresh cracked black pepper.
- Preheat the grill on medium-high and grill the zucchini covered for 3-5 minutes per side or just until knife tender.
- Remove the grilled zucchini to a serving platter cut side up. Season evenly with garlic powder. Top each half with mozzarella cheese and sliced tomatoes in an overlapping pattern. Top with basil and drizzle with olive oil. Season with additional salt and fresh ground black pepper as needed.
- Serve immediately.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Rate this recipe
0 People Rated This Recipe
No comments yet.