Peanut Butter Barbecue Pork Kebabs
These pork kebabs have a sweet and savory glaze.
- 3 tbsp. Ketchup
- 2 tbsp. unsalted creamy peanut butter
- 2 tbsp. rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp. low-sodium tamari or soy sauce
- 1 tbsp. honey
- 1/4 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 1 1/2-lb. pork loin, trimmed and cut into 1" pieces
- 2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 lb. green beans
- Chopped peanuts for serving
- Heat grill to medium-high. In a small bowl, combine the ketchup, peanut butter, vinegar, tamari, honey, and red pepper.
- In a large bowl, toss the pork with 1 tablespoon oil and 1⁄4 teaspoon each salt and pepper, then thread onto 8 skewers. In a second bowl, toss the green beans with the remaining tablespoon oil and 1⁄4 teaspoon each salt and pepper.
- Grill pork, turning occasionally, for 8 minutes. Continue grilling, turning and basting with the sauce, until the pork is just cooked through, 2 to 4 minutes more.
- During the last 5 minutes of cooking, grill the green beans, turning occasionally until tender, 3 to 5 minutes. Serve the green beans with the kebabs and sprinkle with the peanuts, if desired.
Calories: 188kcalCarbohydrates: 16gProtein: 5gFat: 13gSaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 4mgSodium: 363mgPotassium: 359mgFiber: 4gSugar: 10gVitamin A: 931IUVitamin C: 14mgCalcium: 51mgIron: 2mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!