- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- salt and pepper to taste
- paprika to taste
- 2 pounds beef cube steaks
- 3 green bell pepper sliced into rings
- 3 red bell pepper sliced into rings
- 4 onions sliced into rings
- 4 14.5 ounce cans crushed tomatoes
- Heat the oil in a skillet over medium heat. In a bowl, mix the flour, salt and pepper, and paprika. Dredge the steaks in the flour mixture, and place in the skillet. Brown steaks on both sides, and remove from heat.
- In a slow cooker, alternate layers of steak, green bell pepper, red bell pepper, onion, and tomatoes.
- Cover, and cook 6 to 8 hours on Low, until steaks are very tender.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!