You can substitute fresh onions and celery in this recipe if you prefer.
Slow Cooker Sweet Potato Soup
- 3 pounds sweet potatoes peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes (about 8 cups)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried minced onion
- 1 teaspoon dried celery flakes optional
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon ground chipotle pepper
- 6 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- Optional: Sour cream and pepitas
- In a 4- or 5-qt. slow cooker, combine all ingredients except sour cream and pepitas. Cook, covered, on low until potatoes are tender, 5-6 hours.
- Puree soup using an immersion blender. Or, cool slightly and puree soup in batches in a blender; return to slow cooker and heat through. If desired, top servings with sour cream and pepitas.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Rate this recipe
0 People Rated This Recipe
No comments yet.