Spiced Apple Cider
- Lemon rind strips (from 1 lemon)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 gallon apple cider
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 20 whole cloves
- 5 cinnamon sticks, halved
- 1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup apple brandy (optional)
- Add all the ingredients except for the brandy to a large Dutch oven. Bring to a boil and reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Pour mixture through a strainer into a large bowl. Stir in brandy if you want the drink to be alcoholic. Serve in mugs.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Rate this recipe
0 People Rated This Recipe
No comments yet.