Spicy Home Fries
- Prep Time
- Difficulty Level Easy
- (0 /5)
- 0 ratings
- 3 large Idaho potatoes, cut into cubes
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 2 Tbs butter
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 Tbs chile powder
- black pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- zest of 1 lime
- Place the potatoes in a pot and cover with cold water and 1 Tbs salt. Bring to a boil and cook for 20-25 minutes or until tender. Drain.
- Heat butter and oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and jalapeno and saute for about 5 minutes. Add garlic and cook for another 30 seconds. Stir in chile powder.
- Add potatoes to the skillet. Season with salt and black pepper. Stir to combine while gently smashing some of the potatoes. Press into an even layer and cook for about 5 minutes or until golden brown on the bottom. Flip and cook for another 5 minutes on the other side.
- Stir in the cilantro and lime zest. Serve.
Read more about this chef..