Try this recipe out for a great Meatless Monday dish.
Two Beans (Meatless) Sloppy Joe
Enjoy this meat-free version of the classic dish sloppy joes.
- 1 yellow onion
- 1 green bell pepper diced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 15- ounce can kidney beans
- 1 15- ounce can pinto beans
- 1 15- ounce can tomato sauce
- ⅓ to ½ cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Fresh ground pepper
- hot sauce to taste
- Finely chop the onion. In a skillet, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil. Add the onion and green pepper and saute until soft, about 4 to 5 minutes.
- If using canned beans, drain the beans and rinse. Add the remainder of the ingredients above (starting with kidney beans) to the skillet, and simmer for about 5 to 10 minutes. Taste, and adjust seasoning as desired.
- Serve on a toasted bun.
Sodium: 1175mgCalcium: 89mgVitamin C: 25mgVitamin A: 667IUSugar: 10gFiber: 10gPotassium: 823mgCalories: 198kcalSaturated Fat: 1gFat: 3gProtein: 9gCarbohydrates: 35gIron: 4mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!