Tasty carnitas made from pork tenderloin in the slow cooker. An easy, healthy Mexican dinner recipe that’s paleo, Whole30, low carb, and keto.
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 pounds pork tenderloin or loin
- 1 onion ; chopped
- 3 cloves garlic ; minced
- 1 jalapeño ; chopped
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 Juice of one lime
- Juice of one navel orange
- slow cooker
- Rinse and pat dry pork tenderloin with paper towels; place into slow cooker.
- Coat tenderloin with extra virgin olive oil, then season with oregano, cumin, garlic powder, paprika, salt and pepper.
- Top with onion, garlic and jalapenos, lime and orange juice; Cover and cook on high for 4-6 hours or low for 6-8 hours - until cooked through until fork tender and easy to shred.
- Remove the tenderloin from the Crockpot and shred the meat with two forks - Do not discard juices.
- Heat a drizzle of olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add enough carnitas to cover the surface without crowding and ladle a little of the carnitas juice over. Cook until juice has evaporated and bottom of carnitas is crispy and browned. Flip and cook for another minute.
- Remove from skillet and drizzle with a little more juice. Serve hot.
- Serve over a bed of lettuce with your favorite keto taco sides to create a taco salad.
- FoodPals Tip: Sprinkle with Cilantro
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!