Keto Bacon Cheeseburger Casserole
- 2 tbsp ghee (30 g/ 1.1 oz)
- 3 cloves garlic ; minced
- 1 onion ; sliced
- 1.1 lb ground beef
- 1 cup pickled cucumbers ; sliced
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp ketchup or tomato paste ; sugar free
- 7 oz canned chopped tomatoes
- 3/4 cup almond flour
- 2 cups grated cheddar
- 2 tbsp chopped parsley ; chopped
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 5-6 thick-cut bacon slices ; or 10-12 thin-cut bacon slices
- Preheat the oven to 350° F
- Grease a large pot with ghee. Add onion and garlic to the pot and cook until fragrant for about 5 minutes over a medium-high heat, stirring occasionaly to prevent burning.
- Place the beef in the pot with onion and garlic, then cook for a few minutes until browned from all sides.
- Add the sliced pickled cucumbers, mustard, ketchup, canned tomatoes, chopped parsley and almond flour. Mix to combine well. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- Crack the eggs in a bowl and add heavy whipping cream. Season with salt and pepper and whisk using a fork.
- Place the warm cheeseburger mixture into a large baking dish. Add the grated cheddar cheese, pour over the egg & cream mixture and stir with a spatula.
- Place in the oven and bake tor 25 minutes at 360°F . Then, top with sliced bacon and place back in the oven for another 15-20 minutes. Once done, place on a rack and leave to cool down for 10-15 minutes.
- Serve with crispy greens and more pickled cucumbers.
- FoodPals Tip: Store casserole in the fridge for up to 5 days or freeze for up to 3 months and reheat as needed.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!