Spice Rubbed Roasted Salmon with Lemon Garlic Spinach
Our salmon with spinach is a healthy and easy way to enjoy some delicious seafood.
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 1⁄4 pound wild caught salmon fillets (skinless)
- 2 cups thinly sliced sweet onions
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- To prepare salmon, combine first 6 ingredients; rub spice mixture evenly over fish. Place onion in an 11 x 7-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray. Place fish on top of onion; bake at 400° for 15 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork or until desired degree of doneness.
- To prepare spinach, heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add garlic to pan; cook 1 minute. Add half of spinach; cook for 1 minute, stirring frequently. Add remaining spinach; cook 4 minutes or until wilted, stirring frequently. Sprinkle spinach mixture with rind and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Stir in juice; remove from heat.
- Place salmon on a platter. Arrange onions and spinach evenly around salmon. Sprinkle salmon with chopped fresh cilantro.
- Serve with lemon wedges, if desired.
Calories: 325kcalCarbohydrates: 10.7gProtein: 40.3gFat: 13.2gCholesterol: 107mgSodium: 472mgFiber: 3.4g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!