Whole Grain Irish Soda Bread
- 2 2/3 cups white whole wheat flour
- 3/4 cup wheat bran
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons steel-cut oats
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 cup wheat germ
- 2 1/4 cups low-fat buttermilk, room temperature
- Preheat oven to 400° F.
- Combine flour, wheat bran, oats, baking soda, baking powder, brown sugar, salt and wheat germ in a bowl. Stir well with a whisk. Slowly add buttermilk until just moist. Set aside for 15 minutes.
- Spoon batter into a 9 X 5-inch metal loaf pan that has been coated with non-stick cooking spray. Bake at 400° F for 40 minutes or until a wooden toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Let cool in pan for 5 minutes on a wire rack; remove from pan. Cool completely on rack.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Rate this recipe
0 People Rated This Recipe
No comments yet.