Guilt free butter chicken… enough said!
Keto Butter Chicken
- Difficulty Level Easy
- (0 /5)
- 0 ratings
- 1 lb chicken breast
- 1 cup coconut cream
- 2 tbsp ghee (clarified butter)
- 1/2 tbsp tomato paste
- 2 cloves garlic ; minced
- 1 Onion ; finely diced
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 3/4 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- Cut the chicken up into bite sized chunks. Place in mixing bowl and generously coat in turmeric, ginger, salt, chili powder and cinnamon; set aside
- Heat a skillet to medium heat and add ghee. As the ghee melts, add in garlic and onion to the pan. Cook for 2-3 minutes until the onions are translucent and fragrant.
- Increase the pan heat to medium-high and add the chicken. Cook it almost entirely through (the outside should be white and this will take about 3-5 minutes.)
- Once the chicken looks almost fully cooked, add in coconut cream and tomato paste; mix together until well combined and begins to turn orange. Turn the heat to medium-low and cover with a lid for 5-7 minutes.
- Remove lid and combine and let cook about two more minutes to thicken the sauce a bit more.
- Serve with low carb naan or over cauliflower rice.
- FoodPals Tip: You can store the butter chicken in a sealed container for up to 10 days in the fridge and 2 months in the freezer. You can also use chicken thighs instead of breast for a higher fat content.
- Servings : 4
- Ready in : 45 Minutes
- Recipe Type : Chicken