Skillet Roasted Chicken
- 1 Head of green cabbage shredded
- 2 tsp Sea salt
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- 4-5 lb whole chicken spatchcocked
- 2-3 tbsp Taco seasoning rub
- Preheat oven to 400° F.
- Add shredded cabbage to a large cast iron skillet or roasting pan. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt. Top cabbage mixture with spatchcocked chicken. Generously coat chicken with taco seasoning rub and place in oven.
- Cook for 50-60 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 165°F. Remove meat from bird or quarter bird and serve on the bone along side braised cabbage.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!