Practically a Christmas tradition, cranberry sauce is loved by many. This recipe keeps the carbs low, but keeps the taste the same, if not, better than the original.
Low Carb Cranberry Sauce
- 1 Cup water
- 1 Cup Powdered erythritol sweetener (i.e. Swerve or monkfruit confectioners or your favorite natural sweetener)
- 2 Cups Cranberries
- 1 Tsp Orange zest or orange extract (optional)
- In a medium saucepan combine 1 cup erythritol and 1 cup water.
- Bring to a boil, stirring to dissolve the erythritol. Let boil rapidly for 5 minutes.
- Add orange zest or extract and the 2 cups of cranberries.
- Cook uncovered and return to boiling.
- After it reaches boiling, reduce heat.
- Simmer for 10 to 15 minutes or until skins pop and sauce forms; stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat. Serve warm or chilled.