Baked cod with roasted tomatoes, parsley and sweet onion- a simple, easy, healthy one pot meal that can be made in about 30 minutes. Not only is it quick and easy, but also gluten-free, paleo and keto friendly.
Baked Cod with Tomato and Parsley
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- 4 Servings
- Difficulty Level Easy
- (0 /5)
- 0 ratings
- 1 lb Cod (or other white fish like haddock, ; halibut, sable or bass)
- 1 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- lemon zest from one lemon
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon cracked pepper
- 1 tablespoon thyme
- ½ of a sweet onion, thinly sliced
- pinch salt and pepper
- juice of one lemon
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 bunch Fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1 lbs cherry ; grape or baby heirloom tomatoes
- Preheat oven to 400F
- Cut fish into as many pieces as you'd like and place in a mixing bowl. Mix in oil, garlic, salt, pepper, thyme and lemon zest. Toss with fish, set aside.
- In a lightly oiled baking dish, place onion slices on the bottom, then scatter chopped parsley over top. Drizzle with olive oil, lemon juice from ½ a lemon, then top with tomatoes. Sprinkle dish generously with salt and pepper.
- Place in the oven for 30-35 minutes, giving a good shake, halfway through. Place the white fish overtop, nestling among the tomatoes. Drizzle any left over marinade over the fish and tomatoes. Place back in the oven and cook 7-8 minutes or until fish cooks to desired done-ness, then remove from oven.
- Squeeze with remaining ½ lemon, scatter with thyme and serve.
- FoodPals Tip: When salting the veggies, use at least three pinches of salt and pepper. Try to make sure each ingridient in the pan is coated.