Baked cod with roasted tomatoes, parsley and sweet onion- a simple, easy, healthy one pot meal that can be made in about 30 minutes. Not only is it quick and easy, but also gluten-free, paleo and keto friendly.
Baked Cod with Tomato and Parsley
- 1 lb Cod (or other white fish like haddock, ; halibut, sable or bass)
- 1 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- lemon zest from one lemon
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon cracked pepper
- 1 tablespoon thyme
- ½ of a sweet onion, thinly sliced
- pinch salt and pepper
- juice of one lemon
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 bunch Fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1 lbs cherry ; grape or baby heirloom tomatoes
- Preheat oven to 400F
- Cut fish into as many pieces as you'd like and place in a mixing bowl. Mix in oil, garlic, salt, pepper, thyme and lemon zest. Toss with fish, set aside.
- In a lightly oiled baking dish, place onion slices on the bottom, then scatter chopped parsley over top. Drizzle with olive oil, lemon juice from ½ a lemon, then top with tomatoes. Sprinkle dish generously with salt and pepper.
- Place in the oven for 30-35 minutes, giving a good shake, halfway through. Place the white fish overtop, nestling among the tomatoes. Drizzle any left over marinade over the fish and tomatoes. Place back in the oven and cook 7-8 minutes or until fish cooks to desired done-ness, then remove from oven.
- Squeeze with remaining ½ lemon, scatter with thyme and serve.
- FoodPals Tip: When salting the veggies, use at least three pinches of salt and pepper. Try to make sure each ingridient in the pan is coated.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Rate this recipe
0 People Rated This Recipe
No comments yet.