CHEESY KETO MEATLOAF
This tender, juicy meatloaf is low-carb and keto-friendly (it’s made with almond flour instead of all-purpose), but most importantly it’s downright delicious. In addition to having a crisp, well-browned exterior and tons of savory flavor, what takes it over the top is the pool of melty mozzarella that greets you when you slice into it. *from thekitchn.com pic credit: Joe Lingeman
- 8 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup almond flour
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 pounds lean ground beef, pork, or a blend
- Arrange a rack in the middle of the oven and heat the oven to 350℉. Line a rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Dice 8 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese. Refrigerate while you prepare the meat.
- Place 2 large eggs in a large bowl and whisk with a fork to break up. Add 1 cup almond flour, 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce, 2 teaspoons onion powder, 1 teaspoon kosher salt, 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder, and 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, and stir to combine. Add 2 pounds ground meat and mix with your hands until combined (don’t overwork the mixture).
- Place about two-thirds of the meat mixture on the baking sheet and shape into a rough 9x5-inch loaf. Make a rough 7x3-inch well in the loaf, leaving a 1-inch border. Place the diced mozzarella cheese in an even layer in the well. Place the remaining meat mixture over the cheese and press into an even layer, completely sealing in the mozzarella.
- Bake until well browned all over and the center of the loaf registers at least 165°F on an instant-read thermometer, 55 to 60 minutes. Let rest 15 minutes before slicing.
- Storage: Leftovers can be refrigerated in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!