Quick and easy dinner recipe. Not only is this dish tasty, but it is Keto friendly as well!
Easy Cashew Chicken
- Difficulty Level Easy
- (0 /5)
- 0 ratings
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken thighs ; cut into chunks
- 2 tbsp Extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup cashews
- 1 onion ; chopped
- 1 green bell pepper ; chopped
- 1 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1/2 tbsp chili garlic sauce
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 tbsp sesame oil ; optional
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds ; optional
- 1 tbsp green onions ; optional
- Salt + Pepper to taste
- Heat a pan over low heat. Add in cashews and toast for 8 minutes until the cashews begin to brown - Remove and set aside.
- In the same pan, increase the heat to medium - high and add in extra virgin olive oil, enough to coat the pan.
- Once oil begins to heat, add in the chicken thighs, salt and pepper. Once chicken begins to brown, add in the pepper, onions, garlic, ginger, chili garlic sauce; continue cooking another 2-3 minutes.
- In same pan, add in soy sauce, rice wine vinegar and cashews. Turn the temperature to high and allow the liquid to reduce down until it is a sticky consistency (There should not be a lot of liquid in the pan upon completing cooking.)
- Serve in a bowl, top with sesame seeds and drizzle with sesame oil.
- FoodPals Tip: Serve atop or alongside steamed broccoli