Jamaican Jerk Chicken
A taste of Jamaica, yea mon! Break out your crock-pots for this tantalizing dish. Once you put your ingredients in the pot, you can just go about your day, and by dinnertime, you'll have your chicken ready to be eaten.
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 pounds chicken thighs, breast, or drumsticks (any combination of your favorite parts)
- 1 tablespoon dry jerk seasoning
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- ½ cup Jamaican jerk sauce
- ¼ cup BBQ Sauce (you can use sugar free to lower the carb and sugar count)
- 1 tablespoon dark rum (optional, but recommended)
- ¼ cup chopped scallions
- Preheat 3 1/2-qt or larger slow-cooker.
- Place minced garlic in slow cooker.
- Rub chicken with dry seasoning, onion power, and garlic powder.
- Place in slow cooker.
- Pour jerk sauce, barbecue sauce and rum over chicken. Turn chicken to coat.
- Cover and cook on low 6 to 8 hours until chicken is tender.
- Sprinkle with scallions.
Calories: 188kcalCarbohydrates: 24.2gProtein: 15.3gFat: 3.1gCholesterol: 644mgSodium: 434mgFiber: 4gSugar: 30.3g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!