Enjoy a lighter version of this noodle bowl recipe. This dish is high in flavor, yet low in carbohydrates… win, win!
Keto Asian Noodle Bowl
- 8 ounces Miracle Noodles
- 4 ounces Boneless/Skin-on Chicken Thigh
- 1 large soft boiled egg
- 3 large Shitaki Mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon chopped scallions
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup liquid aminos
- 1/2 tablespoon Sriracha
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- Sesame Oil; optional for topping
- Sesame seeds; optional for topping
- Scallions; optional for topping
- Marinate noodles: Drain the noodles and rinse with hot water. Place them in between paper towels and dry them out as much as possible. Transfer semi-dry noodles to a bowl and add the soy sauce, sriracha and rice wine vinegar. Stir and coat all noodles and place in fridge for 1-4 hours.
- Make the soft boiled egg: Bring a small pot of water (should be enough to submerge the egg fully) to a gentle simmer. Once simmering gently lower the egg into the water and cook for 6 minutes. Remove and place in a bowl of cold water or an ice bath to stop cooking.
- Preheat the oven 350°F and heat an oven safe skillet to medium heat. While the skillet is heating pat the chicken thigh dry under and on top of the skin using a paper towel. Sprinkle with sea salt and black pepper.
- Once the skillet is hot, add in extra virgin olive oil, then place the chicken thigh in the skillet, skin side down. Use a spatula to press down onto the thigh so the entire skin surface is touching the hot skillet.
- Cook on medium- high heat until skin is crispy, about 5 minutes. Once crisp flip the chicken over and place in the oven for 10- 12 minutes. Once cooked remove and allow to rest for 10 minutes prior to cutting (Keep the skillet off to the side to use for noodles and mushrooms.)
- Remove noodles from refrigerator, drain excess marinade, then transfer to the same skillet the chicken thigh was cooked in.
- Turn the burner to high heat and allow the noodles to cook for 3-5 minutes until all the marinade from the noodles has cooked off/reduced; Transfer cooked noodles to a large serving bowl.
- In same pan, add the mushrooms to the skillet and cook for 2-3 minutes then transfer to the bowl with noodles.
- Cut the cooked thigh into 4-5 pieces and place in the bowl with the noodles. Placed peeled and halved egg into the bowl. Garnish with sesame oil, and scallions. Top with sesame seeds, if desired. Enjoy!
- FoodPals Tip: Use additional garnishes such as cilantro or bean sprouts.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!