Call them zoodles. Call them zucchini noodles. Whatever moniker you choose, this dish proves they’re more than just an “alternative” to regular pasta – they’re a culinary treat in and of themselves! With all the creamy textures and crispy-bacon crunch of the Italian classic, this quick and satisfying recipe is sure to help you with that carbonara craving.
- 2/3 lb bacon or panchetta ; diced
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1/4 cups heavy whipping cream
- 4 tablespoons mayonnaise
- salt and pepper
- fresh parsley ; chopped
- 2 packages zucchini noodles (zoodles)
- 4 egg yolks ; optional
- 3 oz. grated parmesan cheese
- Pour the heavy cream into a sauce pan and bring it to a boil. Lower the heat and let boil for a few minutes until reduced by a fourth.
- Fry panchetta/bacon in butter until crispy. Reserve the fat.
- Mix in the mayonnaise into the heavy cream, then add salt and pepper to taste. Cook until mixture is warmed through.
- Add zoodles to the warm cream sauce. Divide between four plates and top with bacon, parsley, and a generous amount of freshly grated parmesan.
- Drizzle bacon grease on top and serve immediately.
- FoodPals Tip: Jazz up your cream sauce a little by adding some fresh herbs. Add in egg yolks if you're fancy!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Rate this recipe
0 People Rated This Recipe
No comments yet.