Lemon and Pomegranate Couscous
- 1 large pomegranate
- 7 oz couscous
- 9 fl oz pints boiling low sodium chicken stock
- sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 2 lemons juice only
- 6 tbsp olive oil
- 4 tbsp fresh mint chopped
- Cut the pomegranates in half and scoop out the seeds using a teaspoon and remove the white membrane around the seeds.
- Place the couscous in a bowl. Pour the boiling stock or water onto the couscous and and mix in the olive oil and lemon juice. Season with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Cover tightly with plastic wrap and allow the couscous to sit in a warm place for 5-10 minutes, or until the liquid has been absorbed. Remove the plastic and fluff the grains with a fork. Allow the couscous to cool completely.
- Stir the chopped mint and pomegranate seeds into the couscous. Add more olive oil, salt, pepper and mint to taste.
Calories: 450kcalCarbohydrates: 57gProtein: 8gFat: 22gSaturated Fat: 3gSodium: 11mgPotassium: 352mgFiber: 7gSugar: 11gVitamin A: 212IUVitamin C: 37mgCalcium: 45mgIron: 1mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!