A healthier alternative to the Thanksgiving classic, Low Carb Stuffing is a scrumptious meal. It may take a little bit of time to make, but it’s totally worth the effort.
Low Carb Stuffing
- 1 ½ cups chopped celery (apx. 3 stalks)
- 1 cup chopped onion (1 large)
- 1 green bell pepper, finely diced
- ½ cup butter or margarine
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning or ground sage
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 12 cups keto bread/keto rolls
- 1 can of Campbell’s low-fat cream of chicken soup 10.5 oz
- 1 cup chicken broth, add slowly, till mixture is to desired consistency
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- To make dry bread for stuffing, cut the bread into cubes. You will need about 20 slices of keto bread. Let bread stand, loosely covered at room temperature for 8 to 12 hours. You want the bread slightly stiff.
- In a large skillet, melt the butter and add the celery, peppers and onion until tender, but not until brown.
- Sprinkle in the salt, pepper and poultry seasoning. Remove from heat when done.
- Place bread pieces in a large bowl.
- Add the cooked onion, pepper, celery mixture and the can of cream chicken to the bread.
- Drizzle with enough chicken broth to moisten, mix lightly to combine.
- Place stuffing in a 2-quart casserole dish.
- Bake uncovered, in a 350F oven for 30 to 45 mins or until heated through and browned on top.