Maple Roasted Sweet Potatoes
- 2½ pounds sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1½-inch pieces
- ⅓ cup pure maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Freshly ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Arrange sweet potatoes in an even layer in a glass baking dish.
- In a bowl, combine the maple syrup, lemon juice, salt and black pepper.
- Pour the mixture over the sweet potatoes and toss to coat evenly.
- Cover and bake for 15 minutes.
- Uncover, stir and return to the oven. Continue cooking for 45 minutes or until tender. Stir the potatoes every 15 minutes.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!