Today we're keeping it simple and sharing our Ricotta Meatball recipe. It takes no time to prepare, is quick and painless to make, and who doesn't love a good meatball to go along with their dinner.
- 3 slices of white bread (crust removed)
- 1 cup low-fat buttermilk
- 2 pounds ground chicken (ground turkey, ground beef or ground pork, or a blend of all can be used)
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- ½ tablespoon dried oregano
- ½ tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 cup whole milk ricotta
- ½ cup grated Parmesan
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt (optional)
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 Jar of your favorite marinara sauce or make your own
- Fresh parsley, basil or additional ricotta for garnish (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Pour buttermilk into a bowl, add in the bread, and let it soak.
- In a large bowl, combine the meat, onion powder, garlic, oregano, parsley, ricotta, parmesan, salt, and black pepper. Gently mix well.
- Add in the softened bread. Discard any leftover buttermilk that did not absorb.
- Shape the meat into 12 equally sized balls (about 2 1/4 inches in diameter).
- Arrange on a greased rimmed baking sheet.
- Bake until golden and cooked through, about 15-17 minutes.
- Pour the marinara sauce in a pot large enough to hold the meatballs. Turn fire on med/low.
- Place cooked meatballs in the marinara sauce.
- Once sauce is warm, place the meatballs in a small serving bowl. Top with basil and additional ricotta for garnish (Optional).
- Serve warm and enjoy!
Note: for keto use ¼ cup of Almond Flour and add 1 egg OR 3 tablespoons pork rinds crumbs, add more if needed and add 1 large Egg
Sodium: 465mgSugar: 4.8gFiber: 1.2gCholesterol: 109mgCalories: 296kcalFat: 11.3gProtein: 37.2gCarbohydrates: 9.5g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Rate this recipe
0 People Rated This Recipe
No comments yet.