Sautéed Green Beans are a superb dish that work not only for your Thanksgiving Dinner but for any day of the week.
It’s quick and so easy to make.
Green Beans are a healthy and appetizing meal for beginner chefs to try out.
Sautéed Green Beans with Shallots and Bacon
- 1/3 cup olive oil (or use your preferred oil)
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced shallots
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/2 cup of bacon bits
- 2 pounds green beans, trimmed
- Sea salt and pepper to your taste
- Heat a 12 inch sauté pan over medium to high heat.
- Add the olive oil. Let heat for 1 min. Then add the butter, swirl to coat the pan.
- Add the onion and garlic to the pan. Sauté and stir frequently for about 3-5 mins.
- Add the green beans and bacon bits to the pan, stirring frequently, until the beans are bright green and crisp-tender, about 5 mins.
- Season with the sea salt and pepper to taste.
- Transfer beans to a serving plate and serve immediately.