People like our Keto Shrimp Scampi because it's so easy to make. Not to mention the fact that it goes well with other things like steamed vegetables and pasta.
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided extra virgin
- 5 garlic cloves, chopped divided
- 1 pound large peeled and deveined shrimp
- Himalayan salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- ¼ cup dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 1 teaspoon fresh grated lemon zest
- 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice, from 1 lemon
- ½ teaspoon hot red pepper flakes
- Heat olive oil and 2 tablespoons of butter in a large pan or skillet.
- Add garlic and sauté until fragrant (about 30 seconds - 1 minute).
- Then add the shrimp, season with salt and pepper to taste and sauté for 1-2 minutes on one side (until just beginning to turn pink), then flip.
- Pour in wine, add red pepper flakes.
- Bring to a simmer for 1-2 minutes or until wine reduces by about half and the shrimp is cooked through (don't over cook your shrimp).
- Stir in the remaining butter, lemon juice and parsley and take off heat immediately.
Sodium: 76mgSugar: 2gFiber: 4gCholesterol: 72mgCalories: 161kcalFat: 13gProtein: 35gCarbohydrates: 2g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!