Asian Pork Tacos with Red Cabbage Slaw
- 1 large navel orange
- 1/4 c. balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 c. packed dark brown sugar
- 2 tbsp. low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 clove garlic
- 1 tbsp. grated fresh ginger
- 1/4 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 pork shoulder
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- Kosher salt and pepper
- 1/2 small Head Red Cabbage
- 1 medium carrot
- 8 small flour tortillas
- Using a vegetable peeler, remove 4 strips of zest from the orange (reserve the orange). In a 5- to 6-quart slow cooker, whisk together the vinegar, sugar, soy sauce, garlic, ginger, red pepper, and orange zest.
- Add the pork and toss to coat. Cook, covered, until the pork is tender and shreds easily, 7 to 8 hours on low or 4 to 5 hours on high.
- Thirty minutes before serving, make the slaw. Squeeze the juice from the orange into a large bowl (you should have about 1/2 cup). Whisk in the oil, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Core and thinly slice the cabbage. Cut the carrot into matchsticks. Add the vegetables to the vinaigrette and toss to combine.
- Warm the tortillas according to package directions. Using two forks, shred the pork into large pieces; gently toss in the cooking liquid. Fill the tortillas with the pork mixture and top with the slaw.
Sodium: 920mgCalcium: 190mgVitamin C: 81mgVitamin A: 3900IUSugar: 27gFiber: 5gPotassium: 1475mgCholesterol: 185mgCalories: 789kcalSaturated Fat: 9gFat: 31gProtein: 62gCarbohydrates: 63gIron: 7mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Rate this recipe
0 People Rated This Recipe
No comments yet.