This tasty dip is made from roasted eggplant, tahini, olive oil and various seasonings.
Serve this dish with some toasted pita wedges.
- 1 eggplant
- 1 glove garlic minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley plus more for garnish
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 dash paprika for garnish
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Use a fork to pierce the eggplant in several places and place on a foil lined cookie sheet. Bake the eggplant until it is soft inside, about 20 minutes. Alternatively, grill the eggplant over a gas grill, rotating it around until the skin is completely charred, about 10 minutes. Let the eggplant cool.
- Cut the eggplant in half lengthwise, drain off the liquid, and scoop the pulp into a food processor. Process the eggplant until smooth and transfer to a medium bowl.
- On a cutting board, press the garlic and 1/4 teaspoon salt together using the flat side of a knife, until it forms a paste. Add the garlic-salt paste to the eggplant. Stir in the parsley, tahini, and lemon juice. Season with more salt, to taste. Garnish with paprika and additional parsley.
Sodium: 153mgCalcium: 26mgVitamin C: 11mgVitamin A: 342IUSugar: 4gFiber: 4gPotassium: 317mgCalories: 77kcalSaturated Fat: 1gFat: 4gProtein: 3gCarbohydrates: 9gIron: 1mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Rate this recipe
0 People Rated This Recipe
No comments yet.