Baked Beer Battered Onion Rings
- 2 large Vidalia onions
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 Tbs. cornstarch
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup low fat milk
- 1/2 cup beer
- 2 cups panko bread crumbs
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 2 tsp granulated garlic
- 2 tsp paprika
- 2 Tbs olive oil
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Line a baking pan with parchment paper.
- In a bowl whisk together the flour, cornstarch and milk. Add the mustard and beer and whisk until no lumps.
- In another bowl combine the panko, salt, garlic and paprika. Drizzle with olive oil and toss to combine.
- Cut onion into 1/2 inch thick rings.
- Dredge each ring in the batter and then the coating. Lay evenly on the baking sheet. Repeat until all the rings are battered.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until crisp and browned.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!