- 1 cup canned chickpeas
- 1/2 cup medium red onion chopped
- 1 cup fresh parsley
- 3 cloves garlic peeled
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds optional
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 400°F and grease a baking sheet with oil.
- Add chickpeas to a food processor along with the onion, parsley, garlic, cumin, salt, baking powder, sesame seeds, and lemon juice. Pulse the mixture just until the ingredients are minced but not pureed, scrape down the sides as needed.
- Form small 2 inch balls and gently flatten them to form a patty. Arrange the falafel on the greased baking sheet and brush the top of the falafel with oil.
- Bake the falafel for 20 minutes, flip halfway, until golden and crispy on the outside.
Sodium: 262mgCalcium: 68mgVitamin C: 12mgVitamin A: 641IUSugar: 1gFiber: 2gPotassium: 108mgCalories: 66kcalSaturated Fat: 1gFat: 5gProtein: 2gCarbohydrates: 5gIron: 1mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!