Crispy Baked Wontons
- 1/2 pound ground pork
- 1/2 pound extra-lean ground turkey
- 1 small onion chopped
- 1 can 8 ounces sliced water chestnuts, drained and chopped
- 1/3 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup egg substitute
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 package 12 ounces wonton wrappers
- non-stick ooking spray
- Sweet-and-sour sauce for dipping
- In a large skillet, cook the pork, turkey and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Transfer to a large bowl. Stir in the water chestnuts, soy sauce, egg substitute and ginger.
- Position a wonton wrapper with one point toward you. (Keep remaining wrappers covered with a damp paper towel until ready to use.) Place 2 heaping teaspoons of filling in the center of wrapper. Fold bottom corner over filling; fold sides toward center over filling. Roll toward the remaining point. Moisten top corner with water; press to seal. Repeat with remaining wrappers and filling.
- Place on baking sheets coated with cooking spray; lightly coat wontons with additional cooking spray.
- Bake at 400° for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown, turning once. Serve warm, with sweet-and-sour sauce if desired.
Sodium: 136mgCalcium: 6mgVitamin C: 1mgVitamin A: 10IUSugar: 1gFiber: 1gPotassium: 64mgCholesterol: 12mgCalories: 44kcalTrans Fat: 1gSaturated Fat: 1gFat: 2gProtein: 4gCarbohydrates: 2gIron: 1mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Rate this recipe
1 People Rated This Recipe
No comments yet.