Black Bean Enchiladas
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 bell pepper chopped
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1 can 15 ounces black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can 14-1/2 ounces diced tomatoes with green chiles
- 1/4 cup salsa
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 8 flour tortillas 6 inches, warmed
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 cup shredded low-fat cheddar cheese
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- Sliced red onion for topping
- jalapeno slices for topping
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add green pepper, onion and garlic; saute until tender. Add next 6 ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, until heated through. Add rice; cook 5 minutes longer.
- Place a 1/2 cup of rice mixture down the center of each tortilla. Fold the sides over filling and roll up. Place seam side down in a 13x9-in. baking dish coated with non-stick cooking spray. Top tortillas with salsa. Bake, covered, for 25 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with cheese. Bake until cheese is melted, 2-3 minutes longer. Sprinkle with cilantro and, if desired, onions and jalapenos.
Sodium: 598mgCalcium: 118mgVitamin C: 21mgVitamin A: 1005IUSugar: 4gFiber: 3gPotassium: 289mgCholesterol: 3mgCalories: 215kcalSaturated Fat: 1gFat: 6gProtein: 8gCarbohydrates: 33gIron: 2mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!