Braised Swiss Steak
- Difficulty Level Easy
- (0 /5)
- 0 ratings
- 1 lb. boneless round steak, 3/4" thick
- 1/4 tsp each salt & pepper
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 2 Tbs all purpose flour
- 1 can (14 1/2 oz) low sodium diced tomatoes
- 2 stalks celery cut into 1/4" pieces
- 1 large onion cut into wedges
- 3/4 cup frozen corn
- 1 1/2 tsp oregano
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Trim any extra fat from the steak. Cut the steak into 4 pieces. Pound steak until it is 1/2-in. thick. Season steak on both sides with salt & pepper.
- Coat a large skillet with non-stick cooking spray.
- Heat skillet over medium-high heat. Brown steak, cooking for about 3 minutes on each side. Transfer to a 9x13x2 baking dish.
- Stir flour into the drippings in the skillet. Stir in the tomatoes, celery, onion. corn, and oregano.
- Bring to a boil and let cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly to remove any bits from the bottom of the pan. Pour mixture over the beef in the baking dish.
- Cover and bake 60 minutes or until the meat is tender.
Read more about this chef..