This Keto Chicken Enchilada Bowl is a low carb twist on a Mexican favorite! It’s SO easy to make, totally filling and ridiculously yummy!
Keto Chicken Enchilada Bowl
- 2 tbsp Extra virgin olive oil for cooking chicken
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 3/4 cup red enchilada sauce
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup chopped onion chopped
- 4 oz can diced green chiles
- 1 whole avocado diced
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- 1/4 cup pickled jalapenos chopped
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 roma tomato chopped
- In a pot or dutch oven over medium heat add in extra virgin olive oil. Once hot, sear chicken thighs until lightly brown.
- Pour in enchilada sauce and water then add onion and green chiles. Reduce heat to a simmer and cover.
- Cook chicken for 17-25 minutes or until chicken is tender and fully cooked through (to at least 165 degrees internal temperature.)
- Remove the chicken and place onto a cutting board. Chop or shred chicken (your preference) then add it back into the pot.
- Let the chicken simmer uncovered for an additional 10 minutes to absorb flavor and allow the sauce to reduce a little.
- To Serve: top with avocado, cheese, jalapeno, sour cream, tomato, and any other desired toppings. Feel free to customize these to your preference. Use lettuce or cauliflower rice as your base
Calories: 450kcalCarbohydrates: 13gProtein: 31gFat: 31gSaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 145mgSodium: 950mgPotassium: 683mgFiber: 5gSugar: 5gVitamin A: 1078IUVitamin C: 20mgCalcium: 199mgIron: 2mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!