This Keto Chicken Enchilada Bowl is a low carb twist on a Mexican favorite! It’s SO easy to make, totally filling and ridiculously yummy!
Keto Chicken Enchilada Bowl
- Cook Time
- 4 Servings
- Difficulty Level Easy
- (0 /5)
- 0 ratings
- 2 tablespoons Extra virgin olive oil ; for cooking chicken
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 3/4 cup red enchilada sauce
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 4 oz can diced green chiles
- 1 whole avocado ; diced
- 1 cup shredded cheese (I used mild cheddar)
- 1/4 cup pickled jalapenos ; chopped
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 roma tomato ; chopped
- In a pot or dutch oven over medium heat add in extra virgin olive oil. Once hot, sear chicken thighs until lightly brown.
- Pour in enchilada sauce and water then add onion and green chiles. Reduce heat to a simmer and cover.
- Cook chicken for 17-25 minutes or until chicken is tender and fully cooked through (to at least 165 degrees internal temperature.)
- Remove the chicken and place onto a cutting board. Chop or shred chicken (your preference) then add it back into the pot.
- Let the chicken simmer uncovered for an additional 10 minutes to absorb flavor and allow the sauce to reduce a little.
- To Serve: top with avocado, cheese, jalapeno, sour cream, tomato, and any other desired toppings. Feel free to customize these to your preference. Use lettuce or cauliflower rice as your base