Chicken Noodle Soup
- 1 chicken whole, no skin, cut up
- 2 medium Carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 2 Stalks celery, coarsely chopped
- 2 1/2 teaspoons Salt
- 2 teaspoons parsley
- 3/4 teaspoon marjoram
- 1/2 teaspoon basil
- 1/4 teaspoon Poultry seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 quarts water
- 2 1/2 cup egg noodles
- Place the first 4 ingredients in a 3 1/2-quart slow cooker.
- Combine salt and the next 6 ingredients; sprinkle over vegetables.
- Add 6 cups water; cover and cook on low setting for 8 to 10 hours.
- Remove chicken and bay leaf; add remaining 2 cups water.
- Stir in noodles and cook, covered, on high setting for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile remove chicken from the bones and cut chicken into bite-size pieces. Add to slow cooker, stir to mix.
- Cook for 15 minutes on high setting, covered or until noodles are tender.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Rate this recipe
0 People Rated This Recipe
No comments yet.