These chicken pesto roll-ups come together quickly with just a few simple ingredients to create a tasty dish. Serve with steamed rice.
Chicken Pesto Roll-Ups
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- Difficulty Level Easy
- (0 /5)
- 0 ratings
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 1/2 cup pesto sauce
- 1/2 lb. sliced white mushrooms
- 4 slices low-fat provolone cheese, cut in half
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Pound the chicken breasts out to 1/4 inch thickness.
- Spread 1/4 cup of the pesto sauce evenly over the chicken breasts.
- Coarsely chop the mushrooms. Top each chicken breast with the chopped mushrooms and half a slice of cheese.
- Roll up the chicken from the short side and secure with toothpicks. Place seam side down in a baking pan.
- Cover the pan with foil and bake for 25-30 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Preheat the broiler. To chicken with remaining pesto and cheese. Broil until the cheese is melted, about 3-5 minutes. Discard toothpicks and serve.
Read more about this chef..