Chili Pork Tacos
This easy slow cooker dish is loaded with flavor.
- 1 orange
- 2 large cloves garlic finely chopped
- 1 tbsp. cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 lb. boneless pork shoulder trimmed and cut into 1 1/2" pieces
- 1 tsp. ancho chili powder
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
- Kosher salt and pepper
- 1 small red onion
- 3 tbsp. lime juice
- 8 small corn or flour tortillas warmed
- Cilantro for serving
- diced avocado for serving
- Grate the zest of the orange into a 5 to 6-quart slow cooker, then squeeze in the juice (you should get at least 1/2 cup). Stir in the garlic and vinegar.
- Season the pork with the chili powder, oregano, cumin, and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Add to the slow cooker and toss to coat. Cover and cook until the meat is tender and shreds easily, 7 to 8 hours on low or 4 to 5 hours on high.
- Twenty minutes before serving, make the pickled onions. Thinly slice the onion and toss with the lime juice and 1/4 tsp each salt and pepper. Let sit, tossing occasionally, until ready to serve.
- Using two forks, shred the meat and toss with the cooking juices. Pile onto tortillas, top with the onions, cilantro, and avocado, if using.
Sodium: 527mgCalcium: 127mgVitamin C: 23mgVitamin A: 460IUSugar: 7gFiber: 4gPotassium: 898mgCholesterol: 102mgCalories: 438kcalSaturated Fat: 3gFat: 10gProtein: 44gCarbohydrates: 40gIron: 5mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!