Corned Beef and Cabbage
- Difficulty Level Easy
- (0 /5)
- 0 ratings
- 1 (4-pound) cured corned beef brisket, trimmed of excess fat
- 16 cups water
- 2 cups chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped carrot
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pickling spice
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled
- non stick cooking spray
- 1 tablespoon caraway seeds
- 1 (2 1/2-pound) head green cabbage, cored and cut into chunks
- 4 pounds small red potatoes, quartered
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tsp butter
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- Place corned beef in a large stockpot; add water, onion, celery, carrots, pickling spice and garlic. Bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 3 hours. Remove brisket from pot.
- Strain cooking liquid through a colander into 2 large bowls; discard solids. Return liquid to pot. Add caraway seeds and cabbage; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer 20 minutes. Drain.
- While cabbage is cooking, place potatoes in a large Dutch oven. Cover with water. Bring to a boil; cook 20 minutes or until tender. Drain. Return potatoes to pan. Stir in parsley, butter, and pepper; toss to coat.
- Slice brisket and serve with cabbage and potatoes.
Read more about this chef..