Serve this with tortilla chips.
For the vinaigrette:
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium lime zest and juice
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
For the cowboy caviar:
- 1 15-ounce can black-eyed peas, drained and rinsed
- 1 15-ounce can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 2 medium plum tomatoes seeded and diced
- 1 medium red bell pepper seeded and diced small
- 1/2 medium jalapeño pepper seeded and minced
- 1/4 medium red onion small dice
- 1 cup corn kernels
- Chopped fresh cilantro
- Make the vinaigrette: Place all the ingredients in a large bowl and whisk until well-combined.
- Make the cowboy caviar: Add the black-eyed peas, black beans, garlic, tomatoes, bell pepper, jalapeño, red onion, and corn to the bowl of dressing and toss until well-coated. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour, then toss again and garnish with cilantro. Serve with tortilla chips, on a salad, or in a tortilla.
Calories: 40kcalCarbohydrates: 4gProtein: 1gFat: 3gSaturated Fat: 1gSodium: 221mgPotassium: 74mgFiber: 1gSugar: 1gVitamin A: 421IUVitamin C: 16mgCalcium: 4mgIron: 1mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!