When making this salsa, if you don’t want it spicy, remove all the seeds and ribs from the jalapeno. If you’d like it spicy, leave the seeds in. Some people don’t like cilantro, feel free to omit this item.
Fresh Tomato Salsa
- 3 cups chopped tomatoes
- 1 cup onion, diced, rinsed under cold water and drained
- ½ cup chopped green bell pepper
- 4 teaspoons chopped fresh jalapeno pepper
- ¼ cup minced fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl. Let sit for at least 20 minutes to let the flavors meld. Serve.