Grilled Beer Brats with Sauerkraut
- 5 bacon strips chopped
- 1 large onion chopped
- 1 medium apple peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 can 14 ounces sauerkraut, rinsed and well drained
- 3 tablespoons spicy brown mustard
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 12 uncooked bratwurst links
- 1 bottle 12 ounces dark German beer
- 12 long rolls split
- In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp, stirring occasionally. Remove with a slotted spoon; drain on paper towels.
- Cook and stir onion in bacon drippings until softened. Reduce heat to medium-low; cook 15-20 minutes or until deep golden brown, stirring occasionally. Add apple and garlic; cook 2 minutes longer. Stir in sauerkraut, mustard, brown sugar and cooked bacon.
- Transfer to a 13x9-in. disposable foil pan. Place bratwurst on top. Pour beer over bratwurst. Place pan on grill rack over medium heat; cook, covered, 30-35 minutes or until sausages are no longer pink. Remove pan from heat.
- Place the bratwurst directly on the grill. Grill, covered, 2-3 minutes on each side or until browned. Serve on buns with sauerkraut mixture.
Calories: 451kcalCarbohydrates: 39gProtein: 16gFat: 25gSaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 55mgSodium: 955mgPotassium: 283mgFiber: 2gSugar: 7gVitamin A: 8IUVitamin C: 2mgCalcium: 31mgIron: 11mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!