Grilled Chile Lime Flank Steak
- Difficulty Level Easy
- (0 /5)
- 0 ratings
- 1 lb flank steak, trimmed of excess fat
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro stems, chopped
- 3 Tbs lime juice
- 3 Tbs olive oil
- 3/4 tsp crushed red pepper
- non-stick cooking spray
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 cup red onion, sliced
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
- 1 Tbs garlic, sliced
- 4 lime wedges
- salt and black pepper, to taste
- Preheat grill to high.
- In a food processor, add cilantro stems, lime juice, 1 1/2 Tbs olive oil and 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper. Process until smooth.
- Transfer cilantro mixture to a shallow dish. Add flank steak and turn to coat in mixture. Let sit 10 minutes.
- Coat the grill with non-stick cooking spray. Remove steak from cilantro mixture and season with salt and black pepper. Place steak on grill and cook for 4 minutes on each side for medium-rare. Transfer to a cutting board and let rest for 5 minutes. Cut against the grain into slices.
- Place sliced steak on a serving dish. Top with remaining crushed red pepper, onion, cilantro leaves and garlic. Drizzle with 1 1/2 Tbs olive oil. Serve with lime wedges.
Read more about this chef..