Grilled Scallops with Charred Corn
- 3 ears corn shucked
- 2 pounds scallops preferably large ones or about 10 - 15 per pound
- sea salt
- fresh ground pepper
- grapeseed oil for grill grate
- Preheat the grill.
- Rinse scallops and pat dry. Thread groups of 5 on a single metal skewer or 2 bamboo ones. Set on a platter and refrigerate until needed.
- When grill is up to temperature, set corn over direct heat and grill 2 – 3 minutes per side until corn is charred all over. Move corn to the side and cook until kernels are tender, about 4 minutes more. Set aside to cool, then use a corn peeler or sharp knife to remove kernels from the cob. Set aside.
- Season scallops on both sides with sea salt and pepper. Dampen a paper towel with oil, grasp the towel with tongs, and quickly wipe grill grate down with oil. Set scallop skewers over direct heat. Use a spatula to gently lift the scallops as they cook to prevent sticking. Cook 3 - 4 minutes or until cooked side is golden brown. Using both spatula and tongs, carefully scrape up scallops and flip. Cook 3 - 4 minutes more, or until scallops have a golden brown sear.
- Serve immediately.
Sodium: 899mgCalcium: 14mgVitamin C: 5mgVitamin A: 126IUSugar: 4gFiber: 1gPotassium: 647mgCholesterol: 54mgCalories: 215kcalSaturated Fat: 1gFat: 2gProtein: 30gCarbohydrates: 20gIron: 1mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Rate this recipe
0 People Rated This Recipe
No comments yet.