Enjoy this lighter version of bolognese sauce. Feel free to use your favorite type of pasta in this dish.
Ground Turkey Bolognese
- 1 lb Pappardelle pasta
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 large onion chopped
- 1 large carrot peeled and chopped
- 1 celery stalk chopped
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 lb ground turkey
- kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 28- ounce can crushed tomatoes
- 1/2 cup dry white or red wine
- 1/4 cup freshly chopped parsley plus more for garnish
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- freshly grated Parmesan for serving
- In a large pot of salted boiling water, cook pasta according to package directions until al dente. Reserve a little bit of the pasta water. Drain and return to pot.
- Meanwhile, make bolognese: In a large skillet or pot over medium heat, heat oil. Add onion, carrot, celery, and garlic and cook until tender, 5 to 7 minutes. Add ground turkey and cook until no longer pink, 5 minutes more. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add crushed tomatoes, wine, parsley, and dried oregano.
- Let simmer until thickened, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Toss with cooked angel hair and a splash of the reserved pasta water.
- Garnish with Parmesan and parsley.
Calories: 707kcalCarbohydrates: 102gProtein: 47gFat: 11gSaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 158mgSodium: 370mgPotassium: 1353mgFiber: 9gSugar: 13gVitamin A: 3404IUVitamin C: 28mgCalcium: 144mgIron: 6mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!