Irish Lamb Stew
- 2 pounds boneless leg of lamb trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 ¾ pounds white potatoes peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3 large leeks white part only, halved, washed and thinly sliced
- 3 large carrots peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3 stalks celery thinly sliced
- 1 14- ounce can reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- ¼ cup packed fresh parsley leaves chopped
- Combine lamb, potatoes, leeks, carrots, celery, broth, thyme, salt and pepper in a 6-quart slow cooker; stir to combine. Put the lid on and cook on low until the lamb is fork-tender, about 8 hours. Stir in parsley before serving.
Calories: 208kcalCarbohydrates: 25gProtein: 19gFat: 4gSaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 46mgSodium: 382mgPotassium: 824mgFiber: 4gSugar: 3gVitamin A: 4570IUVitamin C: 28mgCalcium: 52mgIron: 3mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!