Irish Lamb Stew
- 2 pounds boneless leg of lamb trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 ¾ pounds white potatoes peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3 large leeks white part only, halved, washed and thinly sliced
- 3 large carrots peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3 stalks celery thinly sliced
- 1 14- ounce can reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- ¼ cup packed fresh parsley leaves chopped
- Combine lamb, potatoes, leeks, carrots, celery, broth, thyme, salt and pepper in a 6-quart slow cooker; stir to combine. Put the lid on and cook on low until the lamb is fork-tender, about 8 hours. Stir in parsley before serving.
Sodium: 382mgCalcium: 52mgVitamin C: 28mgVitamin A: 4570IUSugar: 3gFiber: 4gPotassium: 824mgCholesterol: 46mgCalories: 208kcalSaturated Fat: 1gFat: 4gProtein: 19gCarbohydrates: 25gIron: 3mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!