Italian Roasted Cauliflower
- 1 large head of cauliflower
- 2 to 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil as needed
- ¼ teaspoon fine sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- ¾ cup Parmesan finely grated
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh Italian parsley for garnish
- Finely grated lemon zest for garnish
- Red pepper flakes
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F and line a large, rimmed baking sheet with foil or parchment paper.
- To prepare the cauliflower, use a chef’s knife to slice off the nubby base, then quarter it into four even wedges.
- Cut the cauliflower into florets.
- Place the cauliflower on the prepared baking sheet, drizzle with 2 tablespoons olive oil, and sprinkle with the salt and some pepper. Toss until the ingredients are evenly distributed and the cauliflower is lightly coated in oil, adding another drizzle of oil only if necessary.
- Arrange the cauliflower in an even layer and bake for 15 minutes. Remove from the oven, toss, and then sprinkle the Parmesan over the cauliflower. Return to the oven and bake until the cauliflower is deeply golden on the edges, about 10 to 20 more minutes. Toss the cauliflower with parsley, lemon zest, and red pepper flakes.
Calories: 171kcalCarbohydrates: 8gProtein: 9gFat: 12gSaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 13mgSodium: 489mgPotassium: 447mgFiber: 3gSugar: 3gVitamin A: 149IUVitamin C: 69mgCalcium: 254mgIron: 1mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!